Saturday, January 25, 2014

Of Verjaardags, funerals, and Feestdagen

It's the holidays! I'm 20 years old! There are two Christmases in the Netherlands. Like legit. There is Christmas. and then there's Second Christmas.
I think I'm a big fan.
And it's gonna be off the hook!
One of the sweestest old men in the branch passed away this past week. His funeral was the sweetest thing. His twin brother, who was also in our branch, gave a talk. And right afterwards, we had a lesson with a man and aught him the plan of salvation. It's little things like that that are just evidences of God's involvement in the tiny details of our lives.
My birthday was wonderful. My district sang to me. The tuesday night dinner appointment sang to me. And the birthday night dinner appointment gave me just about the warmest gloves that have ever been made.
It was a a birthday to remember.
Well, welcome to another new year (because obviously we measure time in MY years).
And I don't know about YOU, but I'm feeling twenty, too. ;) (I hope atleast SOMETONE who reads this is 20)
 
and with that I end because I have 1 minute left.
 
xoxo
ZusterHoff

No comments:

Post a Comment