Saturday, January 25, 2014

: Zuster Garden in Leeuwarden

Well. That was a crazy transfer. Leeuwarden isn't actually that far from Assen and I've been here on exchanges a few times so it doesn't really feel like I got transfered. But hey, tender mercy. Atleast it doesn't hurt so bad.
 
We live in this really nice apartment building (actually, we're like the only people who live there who are younger than 60. I think.) and it's fun stuff. There's a canal behind the house and big boats sail through it a lot. I saw one this morning. It was actually really exciting.
 
My companion is dying soon (have I already mentioned that? probably.) She goes home at the end of the transfer. I keep killing missionaries, what is this? But it's been a solid week. A loooonnnnngggg week, but quality. My comp and I already wrote our companionship rap. So, that's a good sign. That was really important. Actually.
 
Uhm. Yeah. So there's not a TON going on here...but we been talking to a lot of people If miracles can happen in Assen, then there is no doubt that this place is crawling with potential. It's wonderful. It's beautiful. And it's also the first city I've been to that is actually busy with a ton of people out. It's definately a change. But a good one, indeed!
 
We're teachin this lady from Africa who speaks french and I cannot for the life of me remember my french and it is probably one of the most frustrating things I've ever been through. But she's been coming to church and trying to understand dutch and it seems like she may indeed be getting it. I hope so, I mean the spirit is the same in every language.
 
It was really cool, actually. We talked to this guy on his doorstep for about 15 minutes about faith vs. science and it was quite a discussion and we left him with a card and he said he definately wouldn't look. Well, what do you know, he called us up the next day and made an appointment. We went over and talked to him. had a pleasant conversation. He wasn't interested in meeting more but it was neat--and we walked into the library today and came over to email and who do we see? Yep. A lot of random faces. But his, too! and coincidence--het bestaat niet.
 
I know that the spirit is real and it testifies of truth. It touches our hearts and our spirits, and that spirit to spirit relationship is one unlike any other--it cannot be forgotten. "...The scriptures are laid before thee, yes, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and it's motions, yea, and also all the planets which do move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."
 
There is no science/God debate. God IS the scientist. And all things bear witness of him and his supremecy.
 
I love this work!
I'm off to PAINT THIS CITY!
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment