Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What fills the heart, will flow from the mouth...

Waar het hart vol van is, stroomt de mond van over. What fills the heart, will flow from the mouth.

My heart is full of the joy that comes from living the restored gospel of Jesus Christ as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. My heart is filled with the love I have for the blessings in my life because of it. My heart overflows with the excitement at the opportunities I will have to serve my Lord and God, and his son Jesus Christ.

Thus, according to this Dutch proverb, joy of the gospel, love for it's blessings, and excitement for service should flow from my mouth. How convenient it is, then, that I am taking flight to serve a year and a half mission in the Belgium/Netherlands mission? So incredibly convenient, I think.

On May Day 2013, I will be reporting to the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah, to learn super slick missionary skills and the language of the Dutchmen so I can do the preachin thang. Then, after about 6 weeks of learnin, I will set sail (board a plane) for the Belgium/Netherlands region and spend the next 16 and a half months falling in love with the people and culture there, and even more so with this gospel (and, of course, bringing people unto Christ and helping their lives be as super sweet as mine).

My ETA for my return home is October of 2014. Until then, I will try to have someone update this thing with my weekly letters and pictures so all those who love me wont miss me too much.

Let the journey begin! 23 days until Provo!

Life starts now.

No comments:

Post a Comment