Monday, June 24, 2013

That IS the language they taught me in the MTC!


I know you were all worried, but have no fear, Dutch is in fact the language they speak in the Netherlands, and the language they taught me in the MTC. However, I only know gospel dutch, so I speak a lot of Neder-engels and I smile and nod a lot. It´s kinda awk sometimes.

So the flight here was riddikilik long, but not as bad as I expected it to be. The hotel we stayed at the first night was the one connected to the Schipol airport. DANG. That was one NICE hotel. I definately also blew out my hairdryer because I did not check the voltage on that thing. Dang. I caused a power outage in the room. But the lights came back on, thankfully. I said a fervent prayer of thanks for that one. My roommate was even in the shower when that happened. "Zuster Hoff..." I hear apprehensively from the bathroom. "wat doen je?" Hahah.

The first day we went into Leiden to do legality stuffs and we had lunch there. Swordfish was an option. I am sorry to say that I did not eat the swordfish. However, the following morning we had the most leukste breakfast ever. It was so eurpoean and it was a buffet I swear I died and went to heaven.

So this week has been crazy. Between jet lag and being sick and travelling EVERYWHERE and not knowing where I am and freaking out and y´know, adjusting, I don´t even know anymore.

I am serving in Breda, a small town south of Zuid Holland and it includes Tillburg and Roosendaal. So much of the time here is spent travelling. The ward just split on sunday and now we´re in two wards and that just means--THERE IS WORK TO DO. I am excited but totally freaked out. I´m in a foreign country and I dont know what I´m doing!

My companion is the sister training leader in the zone, so she has to go on splits with everyone in the zone means that I get to go on splits with all the sisters in the zone, too. Sweet. Last week I went up to Gouda because she had a meeting to go to with the sister training leader in the Appledorn stake and so I worked in Gouda for the day with another greenie and it was awesome. I was so impressed. We met a lady who was interested and then we basically taught the whole first lesson to a man in the park, it was so cool. People say that Europe is such a hard place, but it´s wonderful. It´s all about who you are, I think. I mean, people are people everywhere. Back in the MTC I said something about people bugging me, and Broeder Hulme said that there were going to be people out in the field and I said not the same kind of people, and he said There is only one kind of people. Gods children. TRUTH.

So We had our first lesson with an investigator....she didn´t want us coming back :( she liked coffee. I think she was catholic. I wish I could´ve said something but words just aren´t coming to me.

the wward is super sweet and I got a free bike from em. There was a really old lady who was just adorable who told me I looked like  aprincess and wanted to be my friend. I didn´t even say two words to her. But she was adorable.

We have next to no time here for emailing so I shall Tot Ziens to ya. I love you guys! Byeee!

xoxo

Zuster Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment