Monday, March 31, 2014

Life is like...

title: Life is like...
 
missionary work. I guess missionary work is life and life is very much still happening on a mission, but I never understood and still dont understand that quote "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get." Because you know exactly what you're going to get in a boxof chocolate. You're going to get chocolate. They even have a little sheet of paper that explains exactly what every chocolate in that box is. But if you really want to know what IS suprising--it's missionary work.
 
I mean, we can have the best weeks planned, and then everything falls through. The most positive people can turn their backs on what they've learned, and the most looked forward to days can be the most disappointint--but then on the other hand, you can have absolutely nothing planned and then end a week with seven new people wanting to learn about the gospel, four people who want to be baptized and members who haven't come to church a single time in a year (who've been meeting with the missionaries pretty much weekly since then and yet making no progress) who decides she wants to go to the temple and makes the decision that she is going to do everything that it takes to get there.
 
That's what it's about. It's about enduring the hard times to get to see the miracles. It's about having faith through those times of disappointment and despair, and then just when you think you don't know how it's going to get any better--the sun comes up--and the hand of the Lord is seen. I have a testimony that things sometimes have to fell apart for other things to fall into place. I don't know the answers to everything, but I do know that what Sheri Dew said and that what I stated in my call acceptance letter was true: "Do you want to be happy? and I mean, really and truly happy? Then nurture somone along the path that leads to the temple, and ultimately to Jesus Christ."
 
I know that Jesus Christ can heal us and walk with us--on water, through fire, and under burdens. His love is perfect.
 
I love you all!
Tot ziens!
 
xoxo
Zuster Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment