Monday, March 31, 2014

Paint this City--Part II

Paint this City--Part II
 
Another transfer in Leeuwarden means another layer to be painted over this beautiful city. but this round--we got a new player (the old one had a game over. ouch. Shout out to Zuster Rigdon who is now returned with HONOR.)
 
My new companion, Zuster Clement, might just be the best painter I've ever met. I am very impressed. We have seen miracles come out of the nooks and crannies of this great city. It has been a BLESSED transfer so far (five days?).
 
I have been humbled like crazy this week. I have realized that my ways are always imperfect. That's really hard to accept--especially when here I was thinking I had been making all this progress. And the thing isn't that I haven't been making the progress that I believed I had been making, but it's accepting that there is still a really long way to go, so I cant just be content with my ways. I think that's a big reason that change is so important in this life--it forces us to get out of the ruts and routines and patterns that we have been in and challenges us to continuously improve. It forces us to make choices--to change our behavior, or let it be, and see if that will help us grow or let us fester. This change has been one of the harder ones, but I've also seen some of the greatest miracles.
 
I cannot explain the testimony that I have recieved of member missionary work since I have been on my mission. If there is anything of the most worth that a person can do for the people they love, it is introduce them to the way that will bring them back to Jesus Christ. Back to Heavenly Father. And help them make it so that they can live forever with the people who matter most to them, "in a state of happiness that has no end." This I know.
 
Painting isn't always easy, but man oh man is it beautiful.
 
Stay beautiful--
with love
 
ZUSTER HOFF
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment