Saturday, October 4, 2014

September 29

Title: Interviews.
So. The weeks are going by really fast and I don't even know what is happening. I guess I'll start with today.
Today was preparation day but we had interviews with President this morning in Den Haag. My companion was talking for like 50 minutes, which means I got to enjoy the company of his wife for those 50 minutes and it was really neat. I told her that I wished I could stay a lot longer on my mission because I feel that there are things that I haven't had time to learn and skills I haven't had time to master and she asked me some really soul searching questions about my desires, about my motivations, and really about my relationship with Christ. She said that we can know, in detail, the sequence and order of the events in Christ's life and in His Atonement. We can know what the Atonement covers and what the enabling aspects are, what the forgiveness and justice and mercy requirements are that it satisfies, and what that means for us and our salvation--but we don't know the full measure of that until we understand that Christ is our friend. It was real cool. Then President's after mission advice for me was to go to the college where the football team has the best win record. Spiritual boost today: acquired.
Since we were in Den Haag, we went to the Haagse Markt, which is apparently the biggest street market in Europe. Cool, eh? Maybe they just say that, but...I believe it. I got some skirts. It was nice.
Also, we had this dinner appointment last night and they made us this Suriname dish called Roti. I don't know how I've made it this long in this country without Roti, but it's a disgrace. It is seriously the best thing ever. And you eat it with your hands. Score.

Well,folks. It's been real. Til next week.
Dag!
xoxo
Zuster Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment