Saturday, July 26, 2014

Detox just to Retox JULY 21

So this week my companion and I totally felt like we had been eating too carelessly lately and wanted to be more disciplined, so we decided to go extreme and detox. It wasn't completely possible because of our dinner appointments, but it was enough to the point that we decided we hated green vegetables after about 2 days. So then we joined in eating a big piece of a giant peanut butter cup that she made (because she makes peanut butter cups from scratch and they are delicious. what up.) 

Anyway, while we were sitting in the apartement for lunch or something one day, I looked pensively to the wall and asked "how does one do a life detox? Like, a detox from life?" 
She looked with like a "duh"expression on her face at me and goes "isn't that what a mission is?" zingggg. 

Hahaha. 
Detoxing--or rather "detoxing"- while it began to taste like dirt after a while, actually did help me feel healthier and better. It gave enough discipline where I knew that I could really do whatever I wanted to but where I knew that if I wanted to not hate myself, I would make the healthy choice. And yes, after the detox, we definately retoxed. But I think the point is to keep being healthy afterwards. And we're trying. 

A mission is really fun. But sometimes, after a while, sometimes it starts to look like dirt. Sometimes your tan actually is dirt. But mostly it's bike grease and sweat. And it gets really hard to endure. But it is chalked full with such good experiences that make me happy to have spent my time in a good cause. Even though sometimes it has been painful and I have wanted to not leave my apartment or sometimes I've run into days or weeks or months where I'd rather not wake up. Ever. It has been beautiful. And afterwards (wow I can't believe I'm talking about this) I'll be reimmersed in the world and everything, but the point is still to keep in good spiritual health. and the discipline I gain here will help me do that. 

This post took a weird turn and now I don't know what to say but yay detox. 
I love you all.
Stay happy and healthy. 
xoxo
ZusterHoff

No comments:

Post a Comment