Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Spiritually Ripped june 2

So this week was awesome. We TASTED 20 lessons but we only got 19. Number 20 was rude to us and turned us away :( sad. Prayers for softened hearts.

Well, yesterday, we did this activity in gospel principles and we taught about the scriptures. We began by giving everybody a piece of paper and saying "okay, imagine you are going to die today and you have 5 minutes to write some of your last words down. It could be a letter to anyone you want, it could be bank account information or passwords--it could be anything you want it to be--but these are your last words." If you were actually in that situation, you'd pour your heart out and tell whoever you're writing everything in your heart. You would maybe cry. I know I did. You would really hope they would read your note and remember you. Then after these 5 minutes, I went up to one of the people and took his paper and ripped it up right in front of him. MAN, he was mad. I felt so bad. He said "I worked so hard on that--I wrote it in my nice handwriting, I put my heart into it, it was almost poetic, and then you just ripped it up." We were then able to compare that to the scriptures. Those are the last words of the prophets. They wrote those for us. Those warnings and promises and blessings and knowledge that they left behind so that we could profit--and when we don't read them and use them, it's as if we are ripping them up, being unappreciative and even careless. As the person tearing up his paper (don't worry, I apologized profusely and now we're friends again) I felt SO bad. It is an awful feeling when you disregard someone's whole hearted, almost poetic attempt to leave you something valuable. And I realized how much I love the scriptures! 
So--my advice to you all is don't rip the scriptures--read them and become spiritually ripped. 
"SCRIPTURE POWER IS THE POWER TO WIN." 
xoxo

Zuster Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment