Saturday, July 26, 2014

Ten Year Tribute: Hold to the Rod JULY 7 2014

There isn´t too much to report on this week. the days just get really short but the weeks end up being really long and everything blends together. But operation reactivation is going pretty cool, I guess you could say. Setting dates with people to come back to church and be edified by the good word of God. It´s a wonderful life. 


Speaking of the good word of God, the Book of Mormon has a story about an iron rod, which is compared to be the word of God. I have an iron rod that I wear around my neck. My mom sent it to me back in December and told me to remember the carving that Michael did--a small piece of wood with the words carved in `hold to the rod` much like the words on my necklace. Yesterday marked the TENTH YEAR since his death. And every year, on the death date or birthday, I like to do something to remember/honor him. So yesterday I wrote a song. And since I have nothing else to say, I will write it up for you.


It´s called....10 Year Tribute: Hold to the Rod

The prophet Lehi had a dream wherein he saw many things
including a tree--who´s fruit could make one to be exceedingly happy

And he bade his family to come see

Numberless concourses were pressing on all catching hold of the iron rod,
the word of God, for however long it took to see the dawn

And they´d taste the glory of the brightest day,
yet still some people fell away
lost in the mists of darkness.

There was a young boy unsure of where he could turn for joy,

slightly annoyed, a few wrong turns can only lead to tears and burns.

Yet luckily, it was easy to find that good ol´path once left behind
still aligned with pictures in white and arms open wide.


And oh what joy filled the soul when they found he reached the goal 
in the right and preparing for eternity

Yet in a flash after the crash, we become a little taken aback...


and there will be many who say 
why were you taken away 
why oh why did you have to go
I don´t know

and we take all we can find to remind us of the good times

but what they leave behind is the best sign...

After he´s gone, a book, a song,
a suggestion of how to go on,
a hollow log--hold to the rod.

So I´ll grasp onto the end keep pressing on with you my friend

keeping my balance through this mist of darkness

No I don´t ask why anymore, I´ll never know all the answers for sure,
I just put my trust in God and I hold to the rod.
Keep holding on. 

Take me where I belong.
HOLD TO THE ROD.

I am thankful for the examples I have in my life of goodness. And I know that I have many. I love my mission and that it lets me get closer to the other side of the viel. Blessed am I.


I love you all! Have a great week! :)

xoxo

Zuster Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment