Saturday, July 26, 2014

The Extra Push june 23

Miracles Happen. This I know. I even wrote a song about it while I was in Assen. It's about an experience that I had on a Northbound train out of Amsterdam. And the day that I had while I was in Amsterdam. But this experience is about a day I had in Gouda. That's where I am now. And miracles are STILL HAPPENING.


So remember how I told you about looking up George and finding Matt? The plot thickens GEORGE NEVER ACUTALLY LIVED THERE. Crazy, right? So here we have found Matt, this gem of a guy, who is totally ready to be baptized and loves God and has the greatest testimony of gospel principles that I have ever heard, and we tell him--yo. You need to get baptized. and what does he do? AGREE. And now he is praying over dates and telling all his friends and educating everybody on the difference between LDS and FLDS (because that is not even CLOSE to the same faith) and pretty much...that's cool. and we just kinda showed up at the right place at the right time for him to realize this. I was kinda thinking "well, he'd be getting baptized with or without us"but while we weere talking to him last night it was really cool that he expressed his testimony that we were sent from God at the right time to give him that extra push that he needed at this point in his life. God numbers his sheep. He is aware of them. And he loves them.


And whenever I need that extra push in my life-- I know that Christ does not only give me the extra push I need, but he carries me. The atonement is powerful and it is everything. Without it, nothing else really matters. I'm thankful for a life of meaning.


xoxo
Zuster Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment