Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sticks and Spit June 30

Whale whale whale. We haven't seen any whales I don't know why I started out that way but anyway--can we talk about the fact that it is July tomorrow? Yeah. It's July tomorrow. That is...the month of summer that it becomes really hot in this country. Bring it on. [gently, please.]

Well, I don't really have any cool spiritual experiences that happened this week because I was kinda sick so I spent a lot of time feeling like a zombie and not really "thrusting in my sickle" if you get what I'm sayin [Doctrine and Covenants Section 4] 

BUT we had an appointment with Matt (he moves back to London tomorrow how sad) but we were at his place and he actually lives in this part of town that people call little Morrocco. All the people are Muslim or atleast middle eastern and they don't like white people. Anyway, we bell up to Matt for him to let us in and nobody answers, so we call him up and it turns out he's gonna be a little late so we're like--no problem. We'll just wait. and so we're waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And while we're waiting, we notice these little girls who are just wanting to make trouble. There is this little storage room for bikes and we're standing next to the door and all of a sudden the door opens and one of the girls runs past and throws out a stick. And then she and her friend are just laughing inside the building and thinking they are so smart. Then a few minutes later, the door opens again, and they throw out this huge empty container of laundry detergent. and by this point we're like...wow. what children. They are bangin on the windows and laughing and whatever and we're deciding to ignore it....until from the balconies, they start SPITTING ON US. It was sick. So we rescheduled with Matt and biked awayyyyy. 

My companion asked "what do you think Jesus would've done in this situation?" Well. Jesus said "suffer the children..." Emphasis on the word SUFFER. 

Just kidding I love children. Most of the time. But I never thought I'd be spit on on my mission. Don't know why that never crossed my mind. BUT while sticks and spit may wish me away, no harassment can take my testimony.  

I coulda made that line cooler but I don't have a lot of time. 
Bottom line-- RISE ABOVE IT. We were made for more than the dross of this world. 

xoxox

Zuster Hoff

No comments:

Post a Comment